DSD Laboratories Andrews Air Force Base, MD
We are currently seeking a Budget Analyst to join a dynamic team and take an active role in planning, programming, and execution support for Air Force Logistics IT systems. This individual will coordinate tasks across multiple organizations to facilitate and expedite submissions to support planning and programming for AF Log IT, support advocacy and develop background materials to provide mission impacts, and support budget execution activities to ensure that execution is aligned to the Log IT Roadmap.
- Benefits Offered
Vision, Medical, Life Insurance, 401k, Dental
- Employment Type
- Provide support for various Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution aspects.
- Collaborate across organizations to ensure alignment and synchronization of submissions, escalate for rapid resolution of issues, etc.
- Review and analyze guidance documents, PPBE submissions for impacts and linkage to strategy.
- Assist with development of PPBE documents, prioritization of programs, alignment of resources to programs, PPBE process improvement, and supporting tools and analysis.
- Support justification and advocacy through compiling narratives, briefings, and performing analysis to demonstrate impacts to logistics operations.
- May also assist with budget execution of approved programs, cyclical reporting (monthly, quarterly, etc), spend plan development and tracking, and monitoring unfunded requirements.
- Monitor and update the funding documents as required
- Support development estimates for sustainment, modernization, remediation of existing systems.
Other responsibilities include: drafting responses to AF, DoD, and congressional inquiries for information on funding; reviewing and analyzing financial and programmatic documents generated at the congressional, DoD, and HQ Level.
- Prior 2-4+ years of experience working in PPBE or financial management with federal clients required.
- Experience in planning, programming, budgeting, and execution in the Department of Defense required.
- Knowledge of the executive agency players, Congressional committees, how a bill becomes an appropriation law, appropriations, fiscal law, and a basic understanding of laws, regulations, and policies (LRPs) affecting the federal budget process and reporting requirements preferred.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Requires strong organizational skills and action-oriented personality; experience leading tasks, tracking actions across multiple organizations. Prior Major Command and/or Headquarters Action Officer experience or support of Headquarters staffing processes a considerable plus
- Requires power user skills in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint)
Start date: ASAP
BS / BA degree required
DoD SECRET clearance required.
Estimated travel is ~5%.
DSD Laboratories, Inc. (DSD) is a certified ISO 9001:2008, CMMI-SVC Maturity level 3, Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB), founded in 1978. DSD Labs is a company that has an excellent mix of experienced, senior-level managers with aggressive, skilled technical specialists who focus on customer satisfaction to meet our many Government and commercial customer expectations.
NAICS Codes : 511210, 541511, 541512, 541519, 541330, & 541712
DSD Laboratories is headquartered in Sudbury MA with multiple offices located within the United States
DSD is an independent company with excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. DSD is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer