Available, trusted, and timely data are the fuel for operations;
DSD raises the octane to new heights
Data is the lifeblood of organizations, characterized as the Hidden Enabler, because it is frequently overlooked or not understood. Most organizations fall behind in instituting effective data management strategies. Poor data quality, redundant data, and lost data can cost organizations 15-25 percent of their operating budget.
DSD Talent Space
- Develops strategy that outlines the customer’s mission to achieve faster and greater information sharing and interoperability with industry, agency, and organizational partners
- Creates criteria and procedures for identifying authoritative data, evaluating data exchanges, and assessing standards compliance to improve interoperability and integrity of their data
- Establishes tools and techniques for assessing data exchanges for compliance, identifying duplicative interfaces, monitoring data quality, etc.
- Augments software development lifecycles to engineer data quality into early design phases and integrate data quality throughout software development phases
- Empowers collaboration between architects, developers, and DBAs to shorten development times, simplify upgrades and modernizations, and achieve service level targets
DSD personnel have experience across multiple disciplines to provide a comprehensive set of solutions for improving data management practices — data strategy and management, data architecture modelling, analyzing data structures, implementing data quality verification, exposing and registering data for discovery and exploitation, and establishing data cleansing processes. Between DSD’s innovative approach and highly skilled personnel, organizations can:
- Achieve shorter development times (less re-work) and accommodate new initiatives without expanding infrastructure
- Lower cost of development through reuse of existing data structures and services
- Improve operational facts, analytics and decision making capabilities, accessible to all authorized users in an accurate, timely, trusted manner (fit for use)
- Enhance data supporting comprehensive strategic, tactical, and operational views
- Integrate information logically without having to make physical data stores available
- Establish streamlined, structured management supporting corporate requirements
- Support business productivity gains through automated and simplified data management
- Establish a governance framework that develops a culture to manage data as a corporate asset
- Semantic Web Technology
- Vocabulary Development
- Scrum Fundamentals
- Data Governance
- Project Management Pro-fessional
- Six Sigma (Green, Black Belts)
- Enterprise Architecture
DSD supports the development and sustainment of capabilities for the Material Supply Division Information System (MSDIS) to include support for data and metadata capture required for supply chain analysis. DSD applies methodical, streamlined processes supporting data analytics and data acquisition which provides customers with information dominance for timely and accurate decision making and resource allocations.
Data Management and Strategy
DSD provides a full suite of management consulting and Information Technology (IT) capabilities to include a comprehensive data management strategy and concept of operations to bond information management practices with the AF and DoD information strategies.
DSD provided the Headquarters Air Force Directorate of System Integration with a full suite of management consulting and IT capabilities to include developing and implementing enterprise repeatable process to coordinate and designate authoritative data and their sources. This process was modeled by other AF domains and is being evaluated by SAF/A6-CIO for the Air Force Data Panel.
DSD provided the Headquarters Air Force Logistics Chief Information Office Support Division with comprehensive enterprise wide governance to streamline data architecture supporting interoperability and improved capability implementations. This entails streamlined processes to identify, evaluate, coordinate, approve, and register data standards supporting both AF and DoD activities.