IT Portfolio & Project Management
Evolve and mature your IT portfolio & project management to
an innovative, agile IT environment
an innovative, agile IT environment
IT portfolio management is a central element of good IT investment management, and DSD’s techniques and expertise tailor risk based approaches to select and manage IT projects, integrating business and IT planning, budgeting, standards, processes, governance, and strategy. Coupled with DSD’s superior project management, organizations ensure each initiative establishes, maintains and achieves its intended objectives within cost, schedule, technical and performance baselines.
DSD Talent Space
- Reduce IT duplication
- Achieve tighter integration and interoperability
- Align investments to strategy
- System health scorecards assess and forecast technical, compliance, and programmatic risks
- Retirement scorecards merge strategies and objectives with system health to plan decommissions proactively to make way for new, modernized and more efficient capabilities
- Strategic alignment and key performance indicators measure an IT portfolio’s ability to achieve goals and maintain operations
- Value vs. health heat maps support application rationalization, enabling the reduction of duplicative IT capabilities
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness in delivering capabilities successfully
- Strategic alignment of efforts is understood, measurable
- Clear functional impacts and return on investment (ROI)
- Projects and initiatives clearly linked to compliance and other mandates
- Methods to weigh financial, functional, strategic, compliance, technical and security factors in place
- PMI – traditional and agile project management
- Six Sigma – to refine requirements and get to the heart of problems needing an IT solution
- Client specific processes (Air Force SEP, AFSO21, etc.)
- Exceptional Contractor Performance Assessment Reports (CPARs)
- High staff retention rate, providing stability to clients
- Able to hold up to a TOP SECRET clearance
- Recognized throughout the industry as a company that is uniquely scalable — an agile responsive small business with large company delivery capability
- Superb information technology company with outstanding qualifications
DSD provides the Headquarters Air Force Directorate of System Integration with a full suite of management consulting and IT capabilities to reinvigorate and evolve A4/7 Portfolio Management, develop the IT Roadmap, establish portfolio health and risk assessment methodologies, support compliance mandates, and ensure alignment to and support for the Enterprise Logistics Strategy (ELS) and critical capability initiatives.
Project Management: Logistics, Installations, and Mission Support—Enterprise View (LIMS-EV)
DSD successfully planned, managed, executed, tested, and deployed 18 critical logistics business intelligence capabilities, providing worldwide users enterprise-level tools that presented timely, accurate and reliable metrics and mission-critical information. DSD provided best-in-class project management to oversee cost and schedule performance, tailored risk management tools and techniques to proactively identify, manage and reduce risk, and ensured capabilities met customer requirements and priorities.
Project Management: Nuclear Weapons Related Material (NWRM)
DSD tackled the enormous enterprise complexities of the Congressionally mandated and Chief of Staff of the Air Force’s #1 priority, managing the multiple threads of the LIMS-EV NWRM Positive Inventory Control project and delivering end-to-end, airtight, holistic visibility of all NWRM assets within the AF Supply Chain. DSD provided program management oversight ensuring interoperable LIMS-EV requirements for enterprise use, integrating data across 60 data sources and multiple functions (weapon system management, supply, munitions) across the full lifecycle of NWRM assets.