DSD Laboratories personnel provide software and network engineers that understand and practice sound engineering principles. Whether software or network engineers our personnel ensure that their engineering solution support Modularity, Abstraction, Change, Generality, Consistency, and Incremental Development. Our engineers are experts in using the V-Model as our overall engineering process.
Our software engineers follow either Information Technology Infrastructure Library or (for AFLCMC programs) the Business Enterprise Systems Process Directory. In all cases, we adhere to DSD Laboratories System Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 and International Standard Organization 9001-2014 processes and principles for product lifecycle and contract management. Software engineering requires the accurate capture and implementation of user/operational requirements in the design of the system/application, Web services, or when implementing commercial off-the-shelf software. It requires the development of DoDAF 2.02 compliance architecture artifacts and well as ensuring security is both built into the application and is also provided by the service provider; traditional or cloud. DSD Laboratories engineers participate in all requirements, design, and test planning meetings and ensure that the test or production baseline is maintained. Software engineers support the database architecture and design and ensure the code and database structure meets the requirement specifications to include functionality, performance, reliability, availability, and user friendliness. Our engineers are involved in all phases of software development from initial requirements identification through design, implementation, production, and system decommission.
DSD network engineers or network architects provide support for the design and implementation of the computer network. Our engineers are involved in the selection of the appropriate data communications components and configure them to meet customer needs. They have supported the planning, design, implementation, and operation for Intranet, Internet, and Local Area Network solutions for our customers. Our personnel have developed network models and used network simulation tools to make optimal performance and throughput determinations for our customers. Our engineers bring Microsoft and Cisco certification as well as Security+ and Network+ to ensure they have the qualifications required to perform the engineering requirements. DSD Laboratories ensures all our software and network engineers have engineering or computer science degrees along with the appropriate certification needed to support the customer. They are also well versed in the DoD Lifecycle directives as well as industry best practices for system engineering such as the V-Model. These skills enable technical excellence:
- Extensive development experience using Information Technology Infrastructure Library and (for AFLCMC programs) the Business Enterprise Systems Process Directory
- Mature System Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 and International Standard Organization 9001-2014 processes
- Full understanding of DoDAF 2.02 compliance architecture artifacts as well as how to build security into applications.
- Strong background–education and certifications–in network development and support; intranet, internet and Local Area Networks
- DSD software engineers fully and expertly involved in development process from initial requirements identification through design, implementation, production, and system decommission
- Performance analysis to determine bandwidth requirements and network operations efficiencies
- High-availability of network infrastructure
- Enhanced network and information protection